Khrystyna Kozyuk was born in the small town of Chortkiv, Ukraine. Surrounded by luscious landscapes, she spent much of her time outdoors exploring local markets, drawing inspiration from everything around her. At a young age Khrystyna’s mom could see that her daughter was a talented artist and strongly supported her gift by having her paint murals on their kitchen walls. By the time Khrystyna was in the fifth grade she had already began successfully selling a series of works titled “Birds” to tourists visiting her city. In addition, she also entered and won several art competitions including the first place prize in an international children’s competition in Poland. It was this competitions prize, a week-long trip to Krakow and the opportunity to participate in advanced workshops, which secured Khrystyna’s future as an artist. While in Krakow she had a chance to see the huge canvases of Jan Matejko which further confirmed that her decision to attend art school was the right one.
After high school Khrystyna studied classical European drawing at the National University of Forest Engineering in Lviv, Ukraine. While in attendance, Khrystyna relished the architecture, museums, and overall environment that art school had to offer.
Upon graduating Khrystyna moved to the United States in 2005. Like many immigrants, Khrystyna came to the U.S. and started her life again from scratch. Without much family to provide support, Khrystyna had to work cleaning offices in order to make a living. Ultimately Khrystyna was able to attend Triton College in River Grove, IL where she studied interior design. While studying at Triton she began to feel hungry for something that offered her more creative freedom. It was at that time that Khrystyna came to the realization that she belonged in front of a canvas, paintbrush in hand.
- Ukrainian National Museum : A Colorful Kaleidoscope of Cultures, Chicago, IL.
- North Shore Art League, Winnetka ,IL
- Woodstock Opera House : Spring Solo Art Exhibit ,Woodstock IL
- The Millenium Fine Art Gallery: Sailing Through Color with Freedom, IL
- Cobbler Square exhibit, Chicago, Illinois.
Alliance of Fine Art, Best of the Best Exhibit, Mayslake Peabody Estate, Oak Brook IL
• Best of Show at DuPage Art League for February: “Music of the Moment”. Wheaton, IL
• Best of Show at Oak Brook Art League Annual Exhibit February/March:“Ocean view”,Judge: Nancy Thyfault
• Best of Show at DuPage Art League for June: “Down to the Sea in Boats”. Wheaton, IL
• Best of Show at DuPage Art League for July: “Artistic License”. Wheaton, IL
• Winner of the Chicago Wells Street poster contest. Chicago, IL
• Winner of the Traces of Life Festival. Naperville, IL
• Winner of 9th Annual Morpho Gallery Emerging Artist Exhibition. Chicago, IL
- DuPage Art League , La Grange Art League, Naperville Art League, North Shore Art League (Solo Show June-July 2016),Elmhurst Artists’ Guild EAG, Geneva Lake Arts Foundation GLAF, Greater Geneva Art Guild GGAG, Water Street Studios, Chicago Artists Coalition CAC